Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Putting a php script in IPB 3

• Please log in to reply

Shawnrl

Shawnrl

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Okay. I upgraded one of my IPB 2.3 boards a month ago to IPB 3 and I forgot I had a script in the old skin which would allow a rotating banner script to run. The problem is I don't know what the script is to get it to run on the new board. I have the backups from the skin cache and the mysql backup file but whenever I put them in there it wont work. If someone who has knowledge on how to put an command for a php file to run on IPB 3 please help. I need this to work. I'm loosing paying customers because of it. I can provide all files if needed and related text.

I've asked so many people on IPS but they wont reply to my emails. I've seen how helpful this site was and I hope to have better luck here.

:)

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Usually those scripts are inserted into the global HTML templates in the ACP. Where did you get your advertising banner from? Perhaps they can send you the script?
Johanna

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
There is a 10 bucks hook for IPB 3 here: http://community.inv...p;showfile=2805

Shawnrl

Shawnrl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I didn't buy a mod or anything.

I know it needs to be inserted into the global template but I don't know how to get it to work. I'll pay someone to help me. I just need to be shown how to get it to work. It was a custom thing the old owner found and it's the only one that works for what I need. None of the other mods work like the way I need it to.

This email was sent to me regarding adding php to IPB 3:

To use php code in the skin templates (include a file and then run it) you need to use this syntax:
<php>
//Your PHP include and everything else here
include(path_to_file);
$mc = new myClass();

$myData = $mc->returnData();
</php>

This is just a simple code example, but you need to return the code to display and save it in a variable then use the code {$myData} in the place of the template where you want to display it.

I didn't back up the skin but I looked through the backup of the mysql to find this in the skin_global:

{$IPBHTML = "";//--starthtml--//include("/home/american/public_html/ads/ipb.ads.php");$_GET[\'ads\'] = displayIpbAds();$IPBHTML .= "" .

<br/><php>include("/home/american/public_html/ads/ipb.ads.php");$_GET[\'ads\'] = displayIpbAds();</php>{$_GET[\'ads\']}<br />

Thats the code that was in the old skin.

I'll pay someone like 10 bucks if they can help me. I can provide images and files if needed.