Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone else have problems with Game Tap?

• Please log in to reply

SpaceInvader75

SpaceInvader75

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
It seems that I now have a list of about 13 fairly recent games that never worked or will not work now on my PC, even though all of them meet the system requirements.
Usually the game never loads. I know, in at least the case of Far Cry 2, that the game doesn't even finish downloading! I've seen other people have had issues with this but so far Game Tap doesn't have any answers for us.

I suspect it is just the Game Tap version of these games, but I never imagined it would be this bad, so I'm checking here to see if there anything I can check for with my computer, as I only have one other game that I play right now: Unreal Tournament 3.
Ironically, GameTap has this game, but their version never worked, even though the version I downloaded off of Steam does.

I am beginning to suspect I should just cancel my gametap subscription? lol
I don't want to have to pay for games that don't even work. Last time I emailed game tap's tech support they took weeks to respond, so I don't really want to go through that again.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yes, various reviews support your same position. If you can't get the support you require from them, then I would cancel your account.

SpaceInvader75

SpaceInvader75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
The concept seems good, since sometimes I get tired of playing a game after a while, and it allows me to try out games and then if I don't like them at least I didn't buy the whole game. But, considering I have never had a game that did not work, out of the box, I think more than 2 or 3 games not working (assuming my system meets the requirements, which I always check) is unacceptable, unless it is a problem with my computer.

I don't have any evidence so far that there are any problems with my system. There is one other game that I play besides Unreal Tournament 3 that I forgot to mention: Grand Theft Auto IV. This game does experience lag sometimes, but after reading reviews, this seems to be a common problem.