Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer makes weird noises

• Please log in to reply

Mellow

Mellow

• Pip
  • 4 posts
my computer makes weird noises every once in a while that sounds like a car that wont start and i thinks its because i downloaded an aim thing that screwed up my aim http://www.geekstogo...ed_-t26832.html but yea i woulda posted it with the other post but i think this is a different problem

Advertisements

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi Mellow

First things first, do you have a CD burner on your cp, I would burn a backup of anything you possibly need or want to keep. It could be that your harddrive is ready to go. I've heard the things grunt, grind, tick, and pop before giving up. It might not be right away but could happen in the future. :tazz:

If you are ambitious, pop open you case and check to see that maybe it is a fan, cpu, case or powersupply. Sometimes a cable works its way to the fans, fans get loose and wobble.

AlbertAsatryan

AlbertAsatryan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yes, I have the same problem on my computer lately. The computer sort of wants to shut down (or al least makes the sound of it). There are also other sounds that I can't understand. I opened up my computer but I can't find any mechanical things that are going wrong. I had a virus recently and recovered my computer but the problem remains. Any sugesstions?

Mellow

Mellow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Lol thanks for the helkp but i realized that it wasnt my laptop but rather it was the beggining of the music vid on my friends myspace. =) thanks neways heheb

dmenon

dmenon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem. The sound is definitely coming from my audio jack because I wear headphones and work and I hear it. There are three sounds I have heard so far

1. Grunt noise
2. someone saying "I love you"
3. A small clip from Sherly Crow's song "I wanna soak up the sun"

Each of these small clips have occured more than once. Its totally freaking me out. I suspect it might be something related to AIM.