Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error message NvQTwk

• Please log in to reply

Bluewood

Bluewood

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi, could someone please help me out with this?

I keep getting this error message every time I start up my computer:

"RUNDLL
Error loading NvQTwk
The specified module could not be found"

I want to get rid of this annoying message. It always makes that alarming sound as if though you just killed someone :) .

I noticed it started to appear right after I deleted Daemon Tools. I think it might be related to that.

Thank You.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are correct on your assumption. please do the following.

Lets see what you have in your startup

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Startups
Then uncheck everything that says Daemon or NvQtwk and restart.
Restart and Post back with the results

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
The module NvQTwk.exe is the "QuickTweak" utility for nVidia graphics cards, the icon for which sits in your system tray if the utility is present and loads correctly.

What's probably happened is that utility is no linger installed, but it's still being called from the Registry to load with Windows.

This may have happened if you changed the graphics card recently and the old nVidia drivers left references behind in the Registry after uninstalling them.

If you did not change the graphics card and are still using an nVidia one, and you don't need the 'QuickTweak' utility anyway, you can use a startup manager to remove the entry which is causing the error. That module is not required for correct functioning of the graphics card, which is obvious since it's not loading anyway and your graphics card is working fine.

Download 'Ccleaner' from here: http://www.filehippo...wnload_ccleaner

Install it.
Open it.
Click Tools >> Startup
Highlight NvQTwk.exe and then click 'Delete'

PS - using 'msconfig' to disable it will have the same effect but that's not the correct method for permanently disabling a startup item, and it doesn't allow you to delete any of them when you are sure they
are orphaned entries. Ccleaner is easier use, is much more versatile than 'msconfig', and you can disable items (just like 'msconfig') if you want to check what effect that has before deciding to delete.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 12 February 2010 - 05:41 AM.

Bluewood

Bluewood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
msconfig did not have it listed, so I tried using ccleaner and it did have it listed, so I disabled it and it worked like a charm. :)

not sure if I should completely delete it though if it's a part of my Nvidia card (I've never swapped out my Nvidia card btw) and also I think it's part of RUNDLL.exe? so I don't know, should I just completely delete it?

well anyhow, thanks for your help guys, at least now I've gotten rid of that annoying message!