Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Bad Pool Caller - Running out of ideas

• Please log in to reply

apeacefulway

apeacefulway

• Pip
  • 1 posts
4 days ago, my Dell computer got the blue screen of death (bsod) and I've been unable to boot to Windows ever since. The blue screen error is saying "Bad Pool Caller" and will not allow Windows to load. In the day prior to the BSOD, my computer was infected with several viruses that managed to pass through AVI virus software. I suspect the viruses caused some sort of data corruption but of course it could also be a hardware failure.

Things I have tried...

I tried booting the computer in every type of safe mode my computer offers. It always ends in the same bsod.

I tried resetting the BIOS defaults. This ends in the same bsod.

At the advice of a computer savvy friend I tried removing the 2 memory cards. I tried booting with each just one installed, and also reversing the slots.This did not work. I still get the same BSOD.

I opened up the case and cleared out any dust bunnies. I also checked wires to ensure a good connection. I still get the bsod.

I ran all the diagnostics (including video, memory, fan, sound, etc). Nothing is showing up as a red flag.

I tried using the Windows boots disk provided to me by Dell with the computer. Initially I couldnt get the repair program to work and was getting "error code 7". I did some research on google and found that taking out the 56k modem and audio card might help. I removed those items and sure enough the repair program loaded. Unfortunately, the program worked until the timer clock says "25 minutes left to go". The screen randomly flashes to black and then I get the bad pool caller BSOD again. Now everytime I start the computer, it attempts to finish the repair setup automatically, leaving me in a permanent loop of repairs and bsod.

I have a couple more things I am going to try tonight, however I am running out of patience and ideas.

Any ideas on how to get out of this repair/bsod loop?

Any other ideas on how to get rid of the bad pool caller bsod?

10,000 gold stars to the person who can help me with this.

Edited by apeacefulway, 12 February 2010 - 08:42 AM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go!

If you PC hasn't been declared "free from malware" by the Geeks2Go malware team, you should post on their forum, if only to have confirmation from them that your PC isn't infected. If it isn't then you can start looking elewhere for the cause. If it is infected, they'll help you get rid of it.

Post here:

http://www.geekstogo...emoval-f37.html

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 12 February 2010 - 02:42 PM.