Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recording and transferring audio (voice)

• Please log in to reply

ramblemutt

ramblemutt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Not sure where to post this and will take suggestions. I am not particularly computer literate. My problem: My wife is an animal behavioral consultant and often works in the field (literally). She currently (and for the last 10 years) simply records each session (60 minutes or more) and leaves the standard cassette with the client.
However, it seems that, more and more, clients have less and less access to a cassette player.....so we need to get into the 21st century here.

I understand the iPhone has a feature whereby you can record such sessions and simply Email the recording to a computer. We don't want to go AT&T....no coverage in our area. We have Verizon. We understand that the Droid has nothing like this iPhone feature.

Bottom line: looking for suggestions whereby my wife can digitally record these sessions and somehow leave or Email the recording in the simplest and most economical way possible. These are not repeat clients in most cases...each client is new. Most sessions are in person in the field, but some are done by phone, these latter will need to receive copies of the session as well. She has clients throughout the US and overseas. Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Digital Voice Recorder with USB? For example:

http://www.newegg.co...ce recorder usb

Edited by SpywareDr, 12 February 2010 - 05:48 PM.

mkau

mkau

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
How about something like this?
http://www.sweetwate...re/detail/DR07/
A portable recorder. A bit overkill, but it'll work pretty well.