Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help...

• Please log in to reply

achedges

achedges

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am new to this forum and am in desperate need of help. I have Avira and it hasn't been able to update since 2-6-10. Also I have a Zune that can't seem to connect properly... among other programs that can't update. Not sure why, unless it's my Windows XP system... but his has been happening for awhile. I did
go to the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal_Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide. I was able to complete up to step 4. At the GMER it shut off my computer twice and reboot and I could not finish it. I think I have something bad on my computer and need help since I am just learning all this and don't want to kill my computer! Thanks.

Christine

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you have run all the logs then start a new topic in the malware forum and post the requested logs. Since you can't run gmer then post that also in your initial reply.
Post all the other logs and then someone there will help you as soon as they can. They are busy so if it is 3 days since you started your topic then post a topic in the Waiting room with a link to your malware topic and the original day you started that topic.