Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No boot with flashing sequence of lights on panel

• Please log in to reply

amcmb1968

amcmb1968

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 that was working fine. When I went to boot up the laptop a couple of days ago, it would not start. The indicator light on the front for the hd flashed green 1 time, yellow 4 times slow, then yellow 4 times fast, green 1, 4 fast yellow, green 1, 4 fast yellow, green 1, then shut off the laptop. I have been trying to find the beep codes or error codes for this sequence for this laptop with no success. Can anyone help by directing me to where to get the info, or tell me what is wrong with the computer?

Thanks

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Inspiron 5100 and 5150 Owner's Manual (.pdf) (5.18 MB)
http://support.dell....en/i5100-om.pdf

If the battery status light flashes orange or is a steady orange, the battery charge is low or depleted. Connect the computer to an electrical outlet.

If the battery status light flashes green and orange, the battery is too hot to charge. Turn off the computer (see page 40), disconnect the computer from the electrical outlet, and then let the battery and computer cool to room temperature.

If the battery status light rapidly flashes orange, the battery may be defective. Contact Dell (see page 126).

More Manuals:

http://support.dell....00/en/index.htm