Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Having issues with hardware..Please help!

• Please log in to reply

Hart_b

Hart_b

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I think I may have found the drivers for model Z84FM...I just don't know where to download them....

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah I tried it also and the same thing for me. It didn't do that when I clicked the link directly. I'm trying to find someplace else now. The other option is to contact the place where you bought it and see if they can give you a link for the manufacturers site.
If you have the manual for the system there may be a direct link there.

Edited by rshaffer61, 14 February 2010 - 08:19 AM.

Hart_b

Hart_b

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I found the drivers at http://www.equuscs.c...ortby=web_model ....I just don't know where to copy these drivers on my comp....

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Copy them all to a folder named Drivers
Once all there then go through and add them where needed. When done then burn them to a cd and mark it as System Drivers and you will have them then if you ever have a problem again.

Hart_b

Hart_b

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Aha!Good thinking,thnx!!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:) :) :)

Hart_b

Hart_b

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I have a couple of drivers downloaded, now what???

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are they exe files or inf or something else?

Hart_b

Hart_b

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
They downloaded as compressed zipper files.When I open it, it is broken into two files xp & vista.When I open the xp file it gives me an assortment of different startup files.....

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok I think what you are seeing is probably inf files which are the actual drivers themselves.
what you would need ot do at this point is go into Device Manager and if there is a entry liek sound card that has a yellow exclamation mark on it. Right click on it and then tell it to update the driver. When it asks where to look point it to the folder you are describing with the XP files. It should find the driver to load then.

Advertisements

Hart_b

Hart_b

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I'm having a problem finding device manager....Where is it?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please Go to
1: STARTand the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter

Hart_b

Hart_b

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
When I tried to update the drivers manually,the driver's zipper folder I downloaded isn't there....Wat do I do??

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you unzip the file into a folder?
You may want to setup sub folders like
Network
Sound
Video
Motherboard chipset
Then put the corresponding zip file in that folder and unzip it in there. That way everything is in one folder for that device.

Hart_b

Hart_b

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I have a problem...When I updated the sound card I noticed it had a dirrerent name than the previous file....I restored my system to before because the file still didn't do ne thing...I may have the wrong drivers.I also noticed that my sound info. doesn't have the yellow ! like the others.