Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

blue screen no disc drive on netbook

• Please log in to reply

dontheo3

dontheo3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there.

A frustrating day. I've read several posts here but I have a particular issue that I haven't seen addressed.

I'm getting a blue windows stop screen, you know the one.

I'm in the circle of the page that has you choose safe mode, sm with networking, last known configuration, etc.

None of those choices work. Then I get the blue stop screen (0xc0000007E etc.)

From the startup, I tried f8 to get advanced options, and that at least allowed me to stop the auto restart, but still will not let me go into safe mode.

I would do a reboot with a disk, but this is an Acer Netbook, so there is no disc drive.

I would be willing to do a total wipe or whatever needed just to get it working again, but I can't get to a screen that allows me to restore.

My apologies if this has been answered before. If anyone can help, I'll be your best friend.

Thanks,

Don

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Try ALT + F10 or F10 at Acer logo to access recovery partition.