Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

One of my dual channel RAM sticks broke. Struggling to find any sold u

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Dani723

Dani723

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
After one of my 2GB Kingston dual channel DDR2 6400s broke recently, I've realised that these seem to be exclusively sold as a pair.

How do you think I could get another one of these? As I don't want to have to buy another 2x2GB set. I've tried ebay, but no luck so far.

If I can't find one, do I stand to loose much performance if I run one dual channel and one single channel stick together instead of two duals? Or if I can't get a second identical stick, should I get two new ones for the best performance? I game quite a lot.

Thanks then.

Edited by Dani723, 14 February 2010 - 04:36 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
already answered in your other topic HERE
Please do not duplicate topics..
This topic closed.