Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speakers don't work

• Please log in to reply

ACher91

ACher91

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
My speakers used to work, and I've had them for a long time (about 5 years now, I believe). About a year ago, I purchased a USB headset, and I would have that plugged in sometimes and listen to sound off of that. It used to be where I could just plug the headset in and out, and the sound would change to come through the headset or the speakers accordingly. Well, one day, I unplugged the headset, and... the speakers did not work. I checked everything, yes, sound was up, yes mute was off, yes, all those silly things were correct. I restarted my computer and they still did not work.

This happened a few weeks ago, and still they have not worked since. I'm assuming it's because they were old so they just gave out. Well, today I looked through my closet and found an even older pair of speakers that I used to use way long ago, (when I discontinued their use in favor of these current ones, they were still working) and... now they do not work either. :) The headset still works, and that is what I'm using right now.

v This coming up right here is the underlying problem, but if my speakers worked, it can be ignored
...This really wouldn't be an issue, as I could just keep using the headset and not care about the speakers, but my problem is I like to record stuff on my computer, and if the headset is plugged in, it records whatever sound comes through the microphone, and the ability to record sounds the computer makes is lost. SO, if I want to record sound coming from the computer, I have to unplug the headset. But now, since I can't hear it that way anymore... that is not good.

Basically, I have 2 problems, only one of which needs solving (but both would be really nice to have! :))
1.) How can I record both the microphone and the computer at the same time while the headset is plugged in?
2.) Speakers don't work

Thanks. :)

Advertisements

ACher91

ACher91

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Aw. Nobody can help? :)