Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

files opened minimized

• Please log in to reply

OliverPe

OliverPe

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I pretty explained my problem. I open a Word doc and then I open another one and it is opened (minimized) at the task bar.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go!

That is normal behaviour for Microsoft Word when it's running maximised, since it cannot display two maximised windows at the same time, and neither can it open two or more documents in the same window.

If you want to see both documents open at the same time, first make sure no Word windows are open.
Now open one document, reduce the window size, then open the second document which will automatically open the same size as the first one.
The downside of this, of course, is that you have to scroll more to see everything.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 17 February 2010 - 12:22 PM.

OliverPe

OliverPe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you Philip for your desire to help. But the problem is more profound. I know pretty well Word and programs for a long time.
The regular performance is that when you open a file that file is being opened at the screen (maximized or not so big, depends on the way that file was being closed). But the issue I am having is that the second Word file (or any other program) appears at the task bar (that is minimized there),so I need to go to the taskbar and click the icon to really open the program.

So the problem I have is that programs (with the exception the first time I open a program or application)are not opened as they should in a logically should be.

God bless,