Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

where can I get those formatted add-ons...

• Please log in to reply

praglen

praglen

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I downloaded a pps file, but can't attach it. I know there are sites with all kinds of files...

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
If you're trying to view a PowerPoint file, you can download a viewer directly from Microsoft:

PowerPoint Viewer 2007
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

praglen

praglen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
what about other files, like odt, dll, etc.Where can I download or open them?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
.odt = OpenDocument Text Document

An .odt file is a text document created with Writer, the OpenOffice.org and StarOffice word processor; formatted using the OASIS OpenDocument XML-based standard.

OpenDocument Text files can be opened and edited with any OpenOffice-compatible program, including: OpenOffice.org Writer, Sun Microsystems Writer (included with StarOffice), AbiSource AbiWord, Microsoft Word with OpenXML/ODF Translator Add-in and IBM Lotus Notes 8 or later. They can also be imported into Google Docs, Google's Web-based word processor and spreadsheet application.

.dll = Dynamic Link Library (Most common)

A .dll file is a compiled library file containing a set of procedures and/or drivers that are referenced and executed by a program; allows multiple programs to access shared system functions through common libraries; may be dynamically linked into a program at runtime.

Many DLL files are provided with the Windows operating system, and others are included by Windows programs; they allow various program functions, such as communication with external devices and hard disk input and output; they may also be referenced by Mac cross-platform applications.

NOTE: Deleting or modifying the contents of a DLL file may cause errors within the program that references the file; for this reason, DLL files generally should not be opened or edited.

Program(s) that open dll files include: Windows Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Visual Fox Pro and Resource Hacker (ResHacker).

More info on the thousands of various file extensions can be found here: http://www.fileinfo.com/