Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting XBox 360 to PC

• Please log in to reply

Zanziber

Zanziber

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
I have a wireless connection... running Windows XP SP3 with Windows Media Player 11 and the most recent Zune... and I still can't get my 360 and my PC connected together. I can access the internet on both.

Please help me. Let me know what to do to be able to access my PC's media from my 360.

Thank you.

Advertisements

TheRiddleMan

TheRiddleMan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Zanziber,

Have you allowed media to be shared THROUGH the actual windows media player yet? When I first set up my 360 for media sharing it didn't dawn on me that this needed to be done either. Open up WMP 11 and click the little arrow below "library" to bring up a drop down list. From that list click on "media sharing." In the box that opens up there should be a picture of a 360, click on it and then hit the "allow" button below it. Hit apply then hit OK and then try accessing your media from your 360.

Also in that same drop down list click "Add to Library." Use the "Add" button to browse to folders with your media that you want your 360 to see and select them. If this list is empty you won't see any files on your 360, so add your music and video folder to this list.

I hope this helps!

Riddle