Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

skyhook wireless

• Please log in to reply

DADDY007

DADDY007

• Pip
  • 1 posts
please help. I have a wrt54g wireless router. I used to live in Brandon florida and now live in Georgia. I had my router connected there for a couple years and recently moved to georgia. I had 1 ipod touch that I purchased for one of my kids in florida and purchased two more in georgia. when I use the locate features on the ipod it always puts my location in florida instead of georgia. I never submitted my info to skyhook. I realize that skyhook drives around trying to find my info which they may have, but when I go to their website and input my wireless mac address it puts me somewhere in Algeria. How can skyhook have my mac in Algeria but the locate feature is coming up with the brandon florida address everytime? I took my ipod to the mall of georgia and then connected to a wireless router there and it came up with the correct georgia location, but upon returning home, it went back to florida. I have submitted my info to skyhook several times but still have same problem. I emailed skyhook and that was no help either. I have two questions. 1st is how does the brandon florida address come up on the locate me feature but skyhook has a location in Algeria for my mac address? and 2nd how can I get this fixed since skyhook does not seem to be updating my information. By the way although I am next to clueless when it comes to technical things, i know there are different mac address (wired/wireless) for my router but I submitted the correct one I obtained from inssider as well as a wireless program on the ipod.

Advertisements