Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

WinXP infitnite rebooting during installation/repair

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

I hope I'm posting this in the right section of the forum.

I originally had a trojan problem so I posted in the virus/trojan section of this forum and Rorschach112was kind enough to help me out. However, in the process of ridding my computer of the trojan, one of the steps I was suggested messed with my network connections.

To solve that problem, I did the suggested Windows XP repairs. That didn't work right, unfortunately. And now I have the computer in a constant rebooting pattern.

I understand all this might not make much sense, but to whoever is willing to help, here is the link to the conversation me and Rorschach112 had in the virus/trojan section. This will help you make sense of my problem(s) a great deal.

Original conversation

Thank you very much to whoever takes the time to help out.