Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus problem and tabs problem

• Please log in to reply

forever insane

forever insane

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey,

Iv recently had Avast anti-virus detect 'Win32:JunkPoly [Cryp]' but I think (and hope) that iv cleared it up. I also had a virus problem last week which I think iv sorted.

Please can someone check my OTL log to make sure? Iv attached them.

Also, Both my browsers (Google chrome is my default but also happens with IE) are being unresponsive on some sites. When I go onto hotmail, I cant open emails, delete them or anything. As soon as I go to my inbox, it seems to get stuck. I cant go to any other folder. I also cant watch videos on BBC Iplayer any more, the video doesn't load and some stuff on facebook doesn't work (I don't use it personally, so I don't really know about that). This started a few days ago so I'm not sure if its malware related.

And 1 other problem iv had with my browsers, and iv had this problem with Windows vista (before I got 7), but when I open a new tab and try and load a website, the new tab will sometimes take its time to load, even lasting up to 1 minute before it appears to be loading. I don't think this is malware related, but its bloody annoying. Any ideas?

Thank you,
James.

Sorted!

Attached Files

Edited by forever insane, 17 February 2010 - 05:55 PM.

Advertisements