Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook problem

• Please log in to reply

MrSpkr

MrSpkr

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I am using Outlook on a Windows 7 system. Until today, I had no problems with it. Now, when I try to send and receive, I can purportedly receive email (though the volume seems to be very low on what I am receiving), and, as for sending, I get the following error message:

Task '[email protected] - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC67) : ' The server responded: 421 too many connections'

Task 'MrSpkr - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 421 too many connections'

Task 'mail.aircanopy.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 421 too many connections'

I cannot send any emails from my accounts. Everything worked yesterday. Any suggestions/ideas?

When I log into the webmail for my ISP, I can send and receive fine. The ISP seems to think this might be a problem on my end. What do you guys think?

Steve

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This issue can apparently be resolved by powering cycling (switching off and on again) your router, if you're using one.
Alternatively it can be a provider problem.