Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

best anti-malware software?

• Please log in to reply

BobLewiston

BobLewiston

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
What's the best software to prevent malware infections? The best to detect infections? The best to eradicate them? The best single all-in-one product?

Advertisements

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
Hi BobLewiston,

I moved your topic to a more suitable forum.

The answer your question, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is one of the best out there at removal and real-time protection. It comes in a free version as well as a paid version.

Also, I will recommend what I usually tell members after cleanup:
  • SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will add a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.

• SpywareGuard - SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts. Make sure you are only running one real-time anti-spyware protection program or there will be a conflict.

• Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - which i already mentioned above

• SUPER AntiSpyware - A Free AntiSpyware scanner that has great detection ratings.

Edited by SpySentinel, 15 February 2010 - 08:49 PM.

BobLewiston

BobLewiston

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Attention, SpySentinel:

Thanks for answering. Here's what I'm already running:

anti-virus: Avast Free 5.0.418
firewall: PC Tools Firewall Plus Free 6.0.0.74
known anti-malware blocker & malicious website warning: SpywareBlaster 4.2
anti-malware scanner / removers: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44 freeware & SUPERAntiSpyware freeware 4.33.1000
clean-up utility: Glary Utilities 2.20.0.831
browser: Internet Explorer 8 <-- properly configured

You'll note all this stuff is free.

So do you feel I should add SpywareGuard 2.2 (free) as a realtime anti-malware detector? Or will this conflict with SpywareBlaster?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard are two different programs, you can run them both