Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2007 sending multiple emails

• Please log in to reply

Cathboo

Cathboo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I'm new here and not particularly tech-savvy, so please forgive me if this has been dealt with already (I couldn't find it with a search).

Yesterday, my subscription for Norton 360 ran out and I purchased a new version and reinstalled it. (This seemed to slow my system down - strange, because it was running fine with Norton 360 before that.) I then sent an email with several attachments (just Word docs, 530 kb) in Outlook 2007. The email was received at the other end, but it stalled in my outbox and kept sending until I realised what what happening and cancelled the send/receive and deleted the email. The recipient (a client, unfortunately!) received the email about 15 times, but it did not show up in my sent items.

I removed my email accounts from Outlook and sent the email directly from my email host, which worked fine.

I've now re-set-up those accounts and uninstalled Norton (I have free AVG) and the problem seems to be resolved. Was there some problem between Norton and Outlook that could have caused this? Can I safely reinstall Norton?

I run Windows Vista.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

I've now re-set-up those accounts and uninstalled Norton (I have free AVG) and the problem seems to be resolved. Was there some problem between Norton and Outlook that could have caused this? Can I safely reinstall Norton?

It sounds like you were using both Norton and AVG at the same time?

If that is the case, you'll want to be aware that running multiple antivirus programs is not a good idea and leads to more problems.

One may think that redundant antivirus programs are a good idea, it actually causes problems. These problems can be anything from constant crashes, reduced security or your computer slowing to a crawl.

You'll want to choose one of the two. If Norton was a paid subscription, you might want to keep that one, but it's up to you.

Cathboo

Cathboo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
You're right, I did have both at the same time. I downloaded AVG while I was procrastinating about resubscribing to Norton. I had no idea that could be a problem. Thanks for the advice!