Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluescreens - TCPIP.sys

• Please log in to reply

StephenMurgatroyd

StephenMurgatroyd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all, lately I've been getting seemingly random bluescreens throughout the day, never too close together but annoying nonetheless.. they seem to happen now and then regardless of whether I'm doing anything or if the system is idle.

I've run the memtest and it showed no errors with my memory..

the bluescreens are not showing any specific file or reason, it simply says "0x00000001E" or something like that. the details in the error screen on reboot say "1e" as the error code. and event viewer just says it restarted from a bugcheck, nothing more.

system specs are -
-ASRock K10N78M AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
-AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Processor Model HDZ550WFGIBOX
-WINTEC AMPX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 3AXT6400C5-4096K
-Western Digital Caviar Green WD5000AADS 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive
-EVGA nVidia GeForce GT 240 Superclocked Video Card.

when i checked the memory dumps, (very unsure what I did exactly, followed online instructions with debugging) among all the "symbols file not located" stuff, it said the error is probably tcpip.sys

Any thoughts?
I'll attach some dump files when it happens again (I cleaned them out with CCleaner accidentally)

Advertisements