Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Opening .SDW file from data saved to disk

• Please log in to reply

Jellibean314

Jellibean314

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need desprerate help. About 3 yrs. ago I saved my resume to a computer disk for future need. Now I need it and I can't open it. It is encoded as a .SDW file and it just comes up all jumbled. I have spent 2wks. trying everything I can think of to open it and nothing is working and I'm getting very frustrated. Microsoft office can't decode it and I'm not computer savy enough to know where to turn to or what I'm doing to open this stupid resume. Please,Please,Please. Can someone PLEASE help me before I'm living out of my car. Any help from anyone will be greatly and deeply appreciated.

Laid off and frustrated,
Jellibean314 :tazz: ;) ;) :) :) :)

Advertisements

stu_design

stu_design

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
hi

i am guessing u have used star office or an open office application to create this document. My solution would be to go 2

OpenOffice.Org

and download the stable version

install and open the writer app

then u may be able to salvage ur resume!!!

this is not illegal because its open source!!!

oh andf to get it into a word doc format

u go save as word document

tada

Stu Design

Edited by stu_design, 02 June 2005 - 11:10 AM.