Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Problem in Ventrilo and Teamspeak

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've googled for hours but could not find a similar problem to this. Hopefully someone can relate or know any good reasoning for this.

So I used to use my sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy SE) for PC gaming and everything worked fine. I converted to playing xbox360 and to use my headphones, (turtle beaches) I had to get a splitter. Now I put the splitter into my Line In port on my Sound Blaster Audigy to be able to get sound off both my computer and xbox at the same time(also the mic port). I use vent and teamspeak frequently while playing to talk to friends because it's a lot easier to hear than in-game, so I had to use my realtek on board sound to be able to talk by plugging my mic into it.

Now comes the tricky part, it works fine and dandy for a random amount of time, then my mic either completely cuts off, or it makes a loud screeching noise. Only way to fix the problem is to exit out of either ventrilo or teamspeak completely and come back, but lately it's been happening within 5 minutes so it's not even reasonable.

I'm not sure if it's realtek or some type of driver/software conflict, but I do know that I was still getting the problem with realtek drivers installed and everything I was using plugged into my Sound Blaster Audigy, while I was playing PC. It seems like it mainly happens while I'm gaming.

I also notice that when I go into test in teamspeak or ventrilo, that my mic is working completely fine. Only they can hear the random screech or it not working at all.

Here's my settings:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any feedback/suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated, as this problem has begun to be really frustrating.