Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recycle Bin Icon Changed

• Please log in to reply

roadagent

roadagent

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello,
I just noticed that the Icon for the Recycle Bin on the desktop changed into a "Moon". It shows quarter phase when empty and full moon when there is something in it. I can't seen to find any information on how to reset it back to the original icon.

Does anyone know what program would change it to a "MOON" and more importantly how to change it back? I get a little nervous (potential virus??) when things like this occur.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Right click the desktop then properties then desktop then customize desktop, click to highlight recycle bin then click restore default, click apply then close

roadagent

roadagent

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Keith,
Once again you are a lifesaver and many thanks. I suppose I should have known this but sometimes one forgets things. I have MS Plus installed and I must have been fiddling with changing the screen saver which changed that icon... When I changed my screen saver back, apparently it didn't reset that icon???

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank you for letting me know

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

Hi Keith,
Once again you are a lifesaver and many thanks.  I suppose I should have known this but sometimes one forgets things.  I have MS Plus installed and I must have been fiddling with changing the screen saver which changed that icon...  When I changed my screen saver back, apparently it didn't reset that icon???

View Post

I think you just have to entirely turn off Plus. Course, I haven't used Plus since 98 so...