Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't login to Facebook

• Please log in to reply

kittiekat414

kittiekat414

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I just bought this new computer, and so far it runs great, except that I'm having to learn how to operate windows 7. All the web sites I visit run fine, except when I try to login to my Facebook account, it freezes up and I have to shut everything down. Is there anyways someone can help me with this? I don't understand why I only have problems with the one site. Thanks a bunch!

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Internet Explorer add-ons: frequently asked questions
http://windows.micro...asked-questions

Read "How can I disable a browser add-on?"

I suggest installing Firefox or even Opera as an alternative web browser. When launching Firefox, you can choose Safe Mode, which should allow you to use Facebook once again.

kittiekat414

kittiekat414

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I see. But how do I know which add-on to enable or disable?

mattnanokid

mattnanokid

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Another option you have is to get Safari. I am a pc user, and this is a apple product, but it is a wonderful browser. I use it both on my new windows 7 computer, and my older xp computer. It works almost flawlessly on both, and can be downloaded at www.apple.com/downloads.

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

But how do I know which add-on to enable or disable?

One way is to disable all of them. If necessary, add one of them back at a time until the problem reoccurs. You should probably close and reopen IE8 after each add-on change, then see if the problem with Facebook has been corrected.