Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HVR-1300 TV Card No Channels Found

• Please log in to reply

JonnyAlpha

JonnyAlpha

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi;
My Setup:
AN-M2HD Mobo, AMD AM2 4000 CPU, 2GB DDR2 Memory, nVidia 9800GT Gfx Card, Hauppauge HVR-1300 MCE, Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005, IDE HDD, SATA DVD.

I have a Hauppauge TV Card which has been working fine, however now it is not!!

I have not updated my Nvidia drivers but have downloaded what I assume are the latest drivers from the Hauppauge web site, Driver Version 2.124.27191.1 (88x_2_124_27191_1_WHQL.zip) the only drivers listed, I cannot download the software as mine is a Windows MCE version.
Basically if I run "Setup TV Signal" in Windows Media Centre it scans for channels but when finished it reports that it has found no channels.

I have recently downloaded GB-PVR and have the same problem - no TV channels, I have also used ScanChannelBDA which also finds no channels.

Do I need any other software / drivers, I recently re-installed nVidia Pure Video Decoder but think this is only required to allow Windows Media Centre and Windows Media Player to play DVDs?

I have recently moved to Andover and cannot recall whether I have used Windows Media Centre to watch TV since moving however it was working whilst I was living in London.

I have heard that TV Cards are more susceptible to weak signals than built in Freeview TVs and Set Top boxes but even if the signal is weak in this area but for testing I have connected the TV Card to the digital antenna that normally feeds my TV, this Aerial which has recently been installed by a professional, he also fitted an Amplifier powered from the mains.
The TV Card was connected to a wall socket which I now know is unserviceable (recently broken by a contractor).

Either the TV Card is now broken or I'm missing something very simple!!

Please help
:)

Advertisements