Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Youtube to a CD or DVD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

capper

capper

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
A while back I posted and learned the best ways to save Youtube videos to my hard drive. I recently used the keepvid software and it worked well by saving it in MPG4 format. However, I would like to be able to burn it to a CD and put it on my MP3 player. It seemed like that wasn't possible unless I change the format again. Any advice as to what to do?

Advertisements

Reactor

Reactor

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Well, y'need a video converter software for this matter, which can convert MP4 video files into WMV or AVI or anythin' you would like. I strongly recommend Wondershare Video Converter, it's truly a magnificent software, and converts video files with maximum efficiency.

As for the MP3 matter...well....y'see, MP3 is a sound file, whilst MP4 is a sound AND video file. As far as I'm aware, there is no such thing as an "MP3 video", which means, you only can extract the music from the video. Audio Playback Recorder 3.6 should be your selection for this. It can record anything which comes from your speakers, including music from videos.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
This is a very slippery slope. The YouTube Terms of Use (Section 5) expressly prohibits the downloading and use of posted content unless said content includes a Download link.

Because of the potential for misuse, I'm closing this topic.