Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows media player network sharing service - Missing from services -

• Please log in to reply

Skandranon314

Skandranon314

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Windows media player network sharing service - Missing from services - preventing sharing with ps3

When I set windows media player 11 to share my media I get the following error:

"Media sharing has been turned off because a required windows setting or component has changed."

I have been searching and searching for a solution to this problem. I am trying to share my media with my ps3.

I am running windows xp pro 64 bit.

I found two possible solutions to the problem. One was deleting config files for windows media player.. did not work.

The other said to make sure the following 3 services were turned on:

SSDP Discovery Service
Universal Plug and PLay Device Host
Windows media player network sharing service

The last one however is not in the list. I can not find a way to find it let alone turn it on. After much research this seems to be the only way to get windows media player 11 to shared media is turn on this service.

Please help :)

Edited by Skandranon314, 18 February 2010 - 06:22 AM.

Advertisements

Skandranon314

Skandranon314

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Anyone have any ideas please?