Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TV Sites

• Please log in to reply

capper

capper

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
There seems to be an increasing number of TV sites these days such as atdhe.net and others. I was wondering if these were legal sites or what the deal is with them. Thanks.

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
There are a few popular legal T.V. sites. i.e. Hulu, Fancast. I would imagine there are illegal sites out there, none of which I would trust or ever recommend. Advertising usually is how these legitimate sites make money, so if there is a site you are going to that is free, but doesn't have "big name" advertising, or especially any advertising whatsoever, then I'd be weary. Nothing is actually FREE... ya know?

Sited from Hulu.com FAQ

Advertisements continue to make Hulu a free service to our users.

brisingr

brisingr

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
i believe Sidereel is legit. it doesnt host the videos though. it links to some pretty sketchy websites that i wouldnt trust. It also links to all the good legit ones. Itunes hulu amazon.

Edited by brisingr, 04 March 2010 - 08:02 AM.

goldhound

goldhound

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
A popular one seems to be "justin.tv" as far as i know it is legal.

brisingr

brisingr

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
justin.tv is a lifecasting website :) ITs interesting but not really "tv".

Best bet is Hulu or many networks have their shows available for a certain amount of time after first broadcast.