Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is There Another Way To Monitor RAM?

• Please log in to reply

Boris_yo

Boris_yo

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I have 1GB of RAM. I have noticed once that my memory is incredibly low and when looked at Task Manager's memory monitor i saw that all applications that were running were taking less than 200MB. The question is - what else ate the rest of RAM. You see, the problem with Task Manager's memory monitor is that it only shows applications' memory, but doesn't show all of the other stuff that takes memory. Is there a way to see what other stuff eats memory besides applications?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OS 256 minimum
Video if onboard will share depending on what it is setup for.
Running programs
Autorun Programs
Startup programs

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Here is a program I found... RAM Monitor 1.0 I have never used it, I used to use something else when XP was my primary that showed total RAM available, and the total amount used that did a great job, but I can't remember FOR THE LIFE OF ME what it's name was.

Also, techsupportalert.com is a website that has tons of freeware reviews. It is also commonly known as "Gizmos Freeware". Try these reviews out... Gizmo's Best Resource Meters

Simply google things like "Ram Monitor for XP" or "System Monitor", etc. and see what you come up with. Some will be good, some won't.

Hope that helps. :)