Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Automatic Updates

• Please log in to reply

BrandoWat

BrandoWat

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When running the Automatic Updates on windows XP, I get this message:

"Some updates could not be installed

The following updates were not installed:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)"

:) :) :)

I can't seem to figure out why I'm getting this message or what I should do to stop getting this error.

Any help would be great! Thank you!

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
The simplest way to solve this type of issue is to remove all versions of the .NET Framework from your system...
then re-install them in the following order...

1. .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (this version of the .NET Framework will also install the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and the .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 for you behind the scenes, so you don’t need to re-install 2.0 or 3.0 using separate steps)
2. .NET Framework 1.1
3. .NET Framework 1.1 SP1

After this, you should be able to go back to the Windows Update site, scan for updates again and install the latest updates for the .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 from there.

Edited by happyrock, 19 February 2010 - 05:40 PM.

BrandoWat

BrandoWat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm able to uninstall the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 from my computer. I've also tried uninstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 Service Pack and I receive this message when trying to uninstall:

"The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it." Then I have to click "OK".

Any help on getting rid of these so that I can follow the instructions above to start over?
:)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
please leave the text color black...its easier for me to read

lets try to Unregister and then reregister Windows Installer
This action corrects most situations.

1. Unregister Windows Installer... click Start.. click Run.. type msiexec /unregister
and then click OK...
2. Reregister Windows Installer... click Start....click Run type msiexec /regserver
and then click OK.

then go to the add/remove programs in the control panel and remove all the net framework

BrandoWat

BrandoWat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I unregistered and re-registered as you said. Still get this message when trying to uninstall 2.0 and 3.0 service pack 2

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try this....go here and download
.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 ...its a executable file...after you have downloaded it just click on it to launch it...

Edited by happyrock, 21 February 2010 - 06:08 PM.