Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browser troubles. Firefox/ IE

• Please log in to reply

3sipes

3sipes

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Lately, my firefox browser has been acting crazy. It will work for awhile and then decide to just not load anything. I try to load up IE as well, because I've got that also, but IT won't work either. So then I have to restart the whole computer. Which, it won't restart the regular way. I have to take out the battery of my laptop and then restart it that way.

I took it to the Malware forums, where mpascal kindly looked through all sorts of stuff before figuring that it wasn't any Malware problem. That thread is here: http://www.geekstogo...es-t267740.html

If someone would be so kind as to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. It gets pretty annoying trying to load up sites and then having to completely restart.

Advertisements

3sipes

3sipes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I've already uninstalled and re-installed Firefox and it still did this crazy thing. I attempted to do that little.. letter thing you told me in the Command Prompt and it said: "Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode"

3sipes

3sipes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I did that last night, but it didn't give me any sort of log or anything. And, this morning, my browser still did its crazy thing.