Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost NIC Drivers

• Please log in to reply

myasam

myasam

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Had to do a Quick Restore on my pc. I am connected by cable high speed but have an AOL dial up running in the background. When trying to reinstall my cable that was lost in the qrestore, I had to call the cable company to talk me through the installation. Well, they tell me I have to reinstall my NIC Drivers from my disk when I first set up the system. Well, I don't have a disk - Can you tell me how to install NIC drivers on a Compaq Presario 5452?

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
do you see your drivers on here

myasam

myasam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Thank you for responding. I wouldn't know what drivers I'm looking for. Do you know how to find that?

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
here is the link to all your drivers for your computer from Compaq/Hp
CLICK HERE
<_<

myasam

myasam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Thank you very much - however, I really don't know what driver(s) I need to select and download? What can you tell me?

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
they list 3 drivers for you in the site that I gave you with out knowing what nic card you have its hard to be 100% sure what one it is where your running windows 98 I would try the last one in the driver network. download and install that one.
<_<

myasam

myasam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I tried to download all three drivers because I did not know which I needed. The first driver (#3 in the list) got me to a section to unzip files and successfully unzipped 4 files - Whatever that means.

The other two tell me at some point in the dowload that the publisher cannot be determined because authenticode signature not found.

What does all that mean? Do you think you can help me?

myasam

myasam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I'm still without the initial drivers for my system. I don't know how to find the right one(s) so I am also without my dsl and am forced to use dialup service. When asking the service provider to assist me, he told me I needed the drivers. Once they are installed my dsl service will work.

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
On the one that got unzip to 4 files what files are they go to the folder and please post back with what files it unzipped.
<_<

myasam

myasam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I just don't know. I thought it was Windows, but I don't know how to find it. Can you provide more direction?

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
most likely it unzipped to a hp folder. with out downloading the one that you did its very hard to say where the exe file unzipped it to. if you download again and do the same thing to unzip it it should tell you where it is unzippping it to. it will most likely tell you these files are already there do you want to overwrite them. you can say yes on that then go to the folder where it unzipped them and post back the file names.
<_<

myasam

myasam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I believe these are the file names:

cpqdrv\options\cabs\ACC07D.SYS
cpqdrv\options\cabs\NETACC07.CAT
cpqdrv\options\cabs\NETACC07.INF
cpqdrv\options\inf\NETACC07.INF

Does that make any sense to you?

myasam

myasam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
By the way - the file name is SP15530.exe

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
The one you downloaded looks like its for advanced users.
Try the second one down in driver-network on this page when you do it hit open not save CLICK HERE
<_<

myasam

myasam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I am ready to give up. Your suggestion did not work. I now have more useless stuff on my system that I don't know what I need and what I don't. I can't seem to fix this by myself, or with your assistance.