Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Audio Normilisation (or normalization!)

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

this is my first post so please be gentle!

I am trying to find a piece of software that will easily allow me to standardise the audio levels of a large number of short video clips.

The videos come from a number of sorces and range massively in volume.

Hopefully this can be done without reducing the quality of the video and audio.

It would also be great if this software could also allow cropping (in terms of timeline) to remove some added extras at te beginning of some clips, but this is not vital as I already have software for this.

I do not mind spending money on this as I will be doing this on many files in the future.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I would take a look at VideoReDo. I use it to edit video all the time. I have an older version that doesn't normalize audio streams, but last I heard, it was an upcoming feature.

I would verify that they added that feature before you make a purchase.