Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop infected

• Please log in to reply

steelecyrus

steelecyrus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had/have this virus that completely took control of my desktop; creating pop-ups, opening fake antivirus programs (pretty well built if I may say so), and preventing me from using my shortcuts. I tried backdooring it with an external hard drive and was able to run avast and destroyed a few viruses (one of which I thought was the one stated) and the pop-ups stopped. I restarted my computer and tried to check my desktop control and every program I clicked on opened the "open with" pop-up and my only choice is Internet Explorer. I ran Task Manager and have two programs kinking my performance - Jrq.exe and jrq.exe. Any ideas on what to do to get my desktop working?

Advertisements