Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need help

• Please log in to reply

ME9424

ME9424

• Pip
  • 5 posts
when my computer starts up it says diskette drive seek failure then it says hardrive seek failure and before all this it use to say missing dll file windows cannot start up please help me i have a dell optiplex gx 150 series desktop computer

Edited by ME9424, 19 February 2010 - 08:26 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:) Me9424
First off lets take a look at the floppy disk problem.
I first need you to start your system and then enter the BIOS, CMOS or Setup area of your system.
Once in there i need you to take a look for the boot sequence which normally is in the Advance or Boot Priority area.
If the floppy drive is listed as one of the boot devices highlight it and then look on the screen for the keys to modiify it.
I need you to take it out of the boot sequence completely.
Next while you are there does it show your Hard Drive as being listed?
If so I need oyu to make it the 2nd boot device and make your cdrom the first boot device
This now sets your system up for later work if needed.
After all this then I need you to look and see if you can find a entry somewhere in your bios that says Floppy Drive Seek and highlight it. Once there then I need you to Disable that.
Now after all this done then you need to click f10 to save and exit.
You will then be asked to Verify by clicking the [b]Y
button.
Do so and the system should now boot with the new setting in place. Let me know what happens with the floppy drive seek error message and the hard drive missing.

ME9424

ME9424

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok im not near my computer rite now if this works then what should i do about the missing dll file problem

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
We will cross that bridge when we get to that point. Right now lets take care of the floppy disk seek and not seeing the hd.

ME9424

ME9424

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok it worked thanx but now it says missing dll file

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK what dll file is it missing as you have not stated that yet so I can let you know how to replace it.