Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Silverlight Client for Facebook (BETA)

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
nevermind....found it...yay no more fishville

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

i actually haven't gotten that far yet

Well it seems there are a lot of people that like to play these games called Farmville, Mafia Wars, iheart and I think there is a fishville now too. Everytime someone makes a kill in mafia wars, or someone finds a lost turtle in farmville, etc. etc... there is a notification added to the homepage and it gets ABSOLUTELY ridiculous at how cluttered things become. As you add more friends, you'll see what I mean.

All you have to do is:

1. Hover your mouse over the notification area of the post in the news feed
2. A "Hide" button will pop up on the right of the page, Click Hide
3. You will be prompted with A. Hide [Name] i.e. dsenette OR B. Hide [Application] i.e. Farmville.
4. Click on Hide [Application]
5. You'll never see the annoying application posts again.

Most people don't know this because it's right in front of their eyes. You'll thank me later, I promise :)

i bet the silverlight app would be perfect on a multitouch system

I didn't think of that, but you're right. It does seem like it's geared towards that doesn't it?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
It's possible to play those games and not annoy the heck out of your friends. You're given the option to post your updates on your feed - there's absolutely no reason to do so. Those people that play and post every single update are being inconsiderate, IMO.