Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bluetooth light not working

• Please log in to reply

adizzle28

adizzle28

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello!
I have been trying to figure this out for a while but cannot. I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop 1525 laptop which did not come with bluetooth. I went out and bought a cheap bluetooth dongle to use and stuck it in my laptop. All of the functionality of the dongle works excellent; however, when the bluetooth dongle is in, and bluetooth is on, the bluetooth light at the front of my laptop will NOT appear. Why is this? How do I get it to light up? Any help would be greatly apperciated.

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi adizzle28, Welcome to Geekstogo!

The bluetooth dongle isn't associated with the light on the laptop. More than likely, your laptop must of had an upgrade option to come with bluetooth internally installed. That is what the light is for, the optional bluetooth capability that your laptop does not have.

The light won't come on with the dongle you purchased... it isn't designed that way.

adizzle28

adizzle28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for your quick response.

So is there any way to get that light to turn on, or will it remain off permanently?

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I think it will remain off permanently unless you installed the internal bluetooth device that was the upgrade option for the laptop and used that for bluetooth.

adizzle28

adizzle28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Is there a way I can install the internal bluetooth device and upgrade...is there a card/adapter I have to put in, or can i just install an upgrade?

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Here is How to install Bluetooth Card into Dell Inspiron 1520/21 laptop. It is almost the same procedure but located in a different spot for the 1525. (See quote below) Note that you will have to take the keyboard out of the laptop and other dis assembly of the laptop is required, so you have to be careful.

is it the same to fit the bluetooth card into the inspiron 1525

In a Dell Inspiron 1525/1526 the Bluetooth card also located under the keyboard cover, but on the opposite side of the case. It’s closer to the left hinge as yo can see here.

how do you get the cover off without brakeing it

First, you’ll have to remove two screws securing the cover. They are located in the battery compartment. After that, you can lift up the cover with a small flathead screwdriver. You’ll find detailed instruction here.

A quick shopping results google search for "Inspiron 1525 internal bluetooth card" got THESE RESULTS.

Hope that helps. :)

adizzle28

adizzle28

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks Ferrari,
I appreciate all of your help!

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip