Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to delete data from pen drive

• Please log in to reply

villager

villager

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Bought two 8GB pen drives last year and have been using them to add and delete data with no problem up until about 3 months ago. Now I can put data on the pen drives but am unable to delete it. I have to give them to a friend to delete the data.
With pen drive in usb slot I select START then COMPUTER and open pen drive.
Highlight data to be deleted, right click and select delete, data disappears.
Close screen then reopen expecting screen to be blank but data is still there.
Any thoughts.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Sometimes Windows XP will still show files and folders even tho you deleted them. Many times i have stopped a USB flash drive, pulled it out, and then rebooted the computer for XP to see that the files have been deleted off the drive. On my older smaller flash drives this does not happen. Only my 4 and 8 Gig drives do this. My 2 gig flash drives used to do the same but some update i installed seemed to fix this about 6 months ago.

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 20 February 2010 - 06:25 PM.

villager

villager

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the info. Will see how much extra data the pen drive will take. Thanks again.