Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sorted Punkbuster privilage probs out

• Please log in to reply

simon73

simon73

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Okay a few people are having problems with the punkbuster I was one and had privilege error 507 and 508 and get on been kicked when I played the game on line. Nothing worse than being kicked after a few seconds :killcomp:

The solution I have worked out

First uninstall the COD and CODUO using the control panel and add and remove programmes (this has to be done) sorry if you done this a hundred times already. Once you have fully uninstalled both games go to my computer and go to LOCAL DISK DRIVE © programme files call of duty folder and dump it into the recycle bin this includes the patches for both games. If you placed the patch elsewhere then find then and put into the recycle bin. Now go into the following MY COMPUTER LOCAL DISK DRIVE C, WINDOWS PREFECH and only take out the following PROGRAMMES nothing else just the 4 I have listed. These 4 are left behind when you uninstall the game and cause the problem I think as they are corrupted data.

COD_1.4_PATCH.EXE-378BCCC9.pf
COD_1.5_PATCH.EXE-1CC2CBF2.pf
CODUO_PATCH.EXE-2CE389D7.pf
CODUOMP.EXE-0608F680.pf

The above files are the patch this has to be removed and dump into the recycle bin. Now fully empty the bin of all the trash and restart your computer.

Next. Download the 1.4 patch for COD and install the COD game and once the patch has come down place into the main COD folder and upload the 1.4 patch. Now do the same for COD UO and get the 1.5 place it into the COD folder and upload the patch from there. Now restart your computer.

I leave a link for you only download (Official Releases > Patches)
http://callofduty.filefront.com/

Your game will now work without I hope any problems. Please don't remove any other programmes as it will affect your computer and only the items I have mention. For some reason it seems that the CODUO try to patch the 1.4 COD and this causes the problems.

:whistling: :whistling:

Advertisements