Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"No such interface supported" for EVERYTHING windows related

• Please log in to reply

YoRich

YoRich

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am not sure where to start... I am basically unable to access anything on my computer that has to do with Windows. I can open all programs I have installed but I am unable to open any type of Windows system applications such as my computer, control panel, any desktop settings, my documents etc... basically anything that came installed on windows I cant access. When I try to access these I get a "No such interface supported" message. The messages varies depending on what I try to execute. Sometimes there is a long title containing numbers and letters that resemble registry codes. Sometimes it is just "no such interface supported" with explorer.EXE as the title. I recently installed Kaspersky internet security 2010 (I don't believe it is the root of my problem). I am completely boggled and have no idea where to start. Please help this is somewhat of a bummer :) Thank you

Edited by YoRich, 20 February 2010 - 06:53 PM.

Advertisements

YoRich

YoRich

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Really?...

Teknikal Tim

Teknikal Tim

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Really...

I just got the same thing too. I am going to try a system restore point to fix it.

Tim

www.teknikaltim.co.uk