Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2007 lost connection with IMAP server

• Please log in to reply

High_Tech_Redneck

High_Tech_Redneck

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Aloha,

On February 2, 2010, AOL upgraded their mail servers. Now, if I use a 3rd party software (i.e. Outlook Express 6 / Office Outlook 2007) AOL will no longer automatically save copies of emails I send in the "Sent Items" folder. This issue was resolved (as per their direction) by setting Outlook to always save a copy of sent messages in the "Sent Items" folder.

There is another issue that developed as of that same time and continues to happen to this day: Outlook Express 6 (on XP) / Office Outlook 2007 (on Win7) will often lose the connection to the IMAP server. Switching to another mail folder and back to the previous one will reconnect and show all that is in that folder. Also, when attempting to send, mail will at times go to the "Local Folders > Outbox". Later I will discover that it has reached the recipient, but was never delivered to the "Sent Items" folder. There are numerous other frequent error messages saying Outlook has lost the connection with the IMAP server.

Will changing any settings in Oulook (either version) easily fix this issue? Any other ideas, or do I just need to wait for AOL to work things out with their network?

P. S. This has never happened before, and I have not changed any settings. The programs are still set according to the server/port information given by AOL on their support site.

Thank you. :)

Advertisements