Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Install Microsoft RAS error

• Please log in to reply

bullseye

bullseye

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I cannot connect to my IP. I have Netzero. Recently, when trying to connect, I receive an error that has a red dot with a white x through it. No number.
It says "Please Install RAS" in the heading, in the text box it says:

No ras installation found on your system Please install Microsoft ras and then restart netzero.

I have followed all the FAQ's and it appears everything is as it should be. Netzero tells me it is a microsoft problem. I have searched everything on the Microsoft website, but nothing works.

I have my microsoft XP installation disk, but have no idea what may be missing or how to download it. Any ideas?

What happens is I click on the Netzero icon, the window comes up stating it is connecting. I never get to the window where I put in my user name and password, the process stops and I get the above message. Anything you can do to help will be appreciated.

Needless to say, I have stayed late at work to get access to the internet. Thanks!

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
have you tried to reconnect your internet connections

if you go into your network places and remove your internet connection and then retry and make it?

bullseye

bullseye

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes - on more than one occasion. I have also removed netzero and re-installed it with no luck. If I do a regular dial up connection, it goes through (which made be think it was Netzero's problem), but I do not connect to netzero. I can hear it connect on the modem. If I use their software, which the tell me I need to get the username/password verification, I get the error message.

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
HI
is this the error your getting?Click here
<_<

bullseye

bullseye

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No. It just says Please Install Windows RAS. I took a print screen picture of it, but it is in Word. If you would like me to send it to you, please e-mail me at (e-mail removed) and I will return it as an attachment.

Edited by tazz1964, 02 August 2004 - 08:13 AM.

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
I removed your e-mail from your post.
It's not a good thing to post e-mails in your post if you like its better to pm them to the person.
<_<

Heck

Heck

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: Did this problem ever get resolve.

Rogerbird1

Rogerbird1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am seeing the same thing , Could the modem be bad?

I will reinstall or replace the modem and see..