Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Font display promlems.

• Please log in to reply

Craven

Craven

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

For some reason in the last few days my fonts have gone all wierd.

Example:

Posted Image

Posted Image

See how the o's are misshapen as is the 6, and the u's have a bit missing from the bottom curve.

And when I boot up my desktop lettering is too fat.

Example:

Posted Image

Should look like this.

Posted Image

Its as if something has gone wrong with the sort of shading of the letters

I can fix the desktop letters by changing the theme to windows vista then replacing the backround but for web browsing and windows messages it stays the same, and when I boot up again the desktop letters have changed back the bolder font.

Need some help with this annoying problem please.

Thanks.

Edited by Craven, 21 February 2010 - 11:28 AM.

Advertisements

Craven

Craven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Anyone? its been a while and ive been in the waiting room for more than 3 days.

brisingr

brisingr

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
i think its an aspect ratio problem. look up how to adjust your specific computers aspect ratio.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try running sfc /scannow...
if you don't have a xp cd you will have to borrow one from a friend or coworker...
it has to be the same flavor of xp you have installed...IE: if you have xp pro...the one you borrow has to be xp pro

How to use Scannow sfc...

To do this click on start...run...then type in...sfc /scannow

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

for vista...
go to the run box and type in cmd
instead of hitting the Enter key press Ctrl+Shift + Enter You will be prompted with the obnoxious User Account Control dialog… but it will then open up a command prompt in Administrator mode...then type in sfc /scannow

NOTE THE SINGLE SPACE BEFORE THE /

Craven

Craven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks happyrock but unfortunatly doesnt fix it, says there were no problems after the scan, but my fonts are still misshapen.