Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Homebuild

• Please log in to reply

Linhans

Linhans

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I just bought a Gigabyte 770TA-UD3 motherboard and checked the box and there are no standoffs. Our last build required them for installing of mobo. Does anyone know if they are not necessary anymore or if Gigabyte is cutting corners? Thanks.

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
In my experience, standoffs come with the case, not the motherboard.

And yes, they are necessary. Without them, your mobo will short out on the metal of the case and not boot, or if it does boot, you will probably have random shut downs, etc. Could damage the mobo as well.

Hope that helps! :)

Linhans

Linhans

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
We found the standoffs. My husband put them away as he does. I know what is possible without them. Thanks for the helf.