Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Change

• Please log in to reply

dumbernerd

dumbernerd

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Nothing serious but my format for my windows changed and I'm not sure why. Everything is slightly bigger and in a slightly more blurred rounder format. If someone could reveal what may have caused this, I would be much obliged.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:)
Are you talking about your display?

dumbernerd

dumbernerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Yes, on my display everything is slightly bigger. The edges of windows, my quickstart bar on top and my start menu are all bigger.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Right click on the Desktop where there is no Icons
Now go to Properties
On the top click on the Settings tab.
Left side of new window you will see a slider bar with the Resolutions above it.
Slide the bar a little to the Right
This will change the resolutions and make things smaller again.
You will have to click on Apply and then the system may come up with a window saying you have 15 seconds to decide if you want to keep the settings.
Click OK, Yes or Keep which ever the option is if you are happy with it. If not it will return to the original settings. If it still is not right then redo the above steps and go a little further to the right till you are happy with the way it looks.
Let me know if this helps. :)

dumbernerd

dumbernerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I am not getting a slider bar for resolution, only set options. 1024x768 is what it is on now... and the only other options are too large or too small. There are no smaller increments that I can see. My properties are powered by Intel.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Strange what color amount or how many colors is it showing in that window?

dumbernerd

dumbernerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
The colour schemes are the same but the sizes are different. Would any programs cause this kind of change?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not that I know of unless it is a active infection making system changes on you.
Can you get me a screenshot of your desktop?

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

dumbernerd

dumbernerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Here is the screen shot of desktop. The launch bar at the top is larger than it was a week ago. Thank you for your help.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_of_desktop.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok a couple of things I need to see to determine the way to fix this.
First:
Go back to post 4 and bring up that window with the settings and the slider bar. Get a screenshot and attach it to your next reply.

Second:
Please Go to
1: STARTand the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

Advertisements

dumbernerd

dumbernerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Here is what my properties settings looks like.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_w_graphics.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK in that top drop down menu where it shows 32bit color. Is there any other options available like 64 bit color?
Also i don't see the information on the Device Manager

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

I am not getting a slider bar for resolution, only set options. 1024x768 is what it is on now

Yes, you only get set options but there is a slider bar directly to the right of those options to scroll through each one. For a test, scroll to the maximum resolution which by the screen shot shown is 1280 x 768 but it looks like you have room to scroll down further and set it higher. Set it to the highest by clicking on the resolution and then click Apply then OK. Your screen may go blank for a second and flash, this is normal.

Like rshaffer suggested, supply the device manager info to so we can make sure you have a driver installed for the video card/controller.

See Image...

Posted Image

Edited by Ferrari, 24 February 2010 - 05:27 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Perfect timing Ferrari as i was away for a few.
He is right about just clicking on the higher resolution and then click Apply
If you like the settings then just click OK
Not sure if yours will go through all the 15 second countdown to see if you like it.

dumbernerd

dumbernerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok so my resolution goes up to 1280x800 but I changed it to 1280x768 as it is as close to what it was before as I can find. And maybe it is the same but I have gotten more used to the bigger format. As far as bits, I only have 16 and 32 bit options.