Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Free Prize Winner Popup Leaves No Traces To Remove Easily

• Please log in to reply

nateb4s5

nateb4s5

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello,

I got this software virus/ (norton dectects no viruses) Takes over the web pages you just start to view and says I won a prize from the page I was just trying to visit. I did try to remove everything I could not realize was appropriate out of MSCONFIG, and nothing bad in startup directory. Maybe you can help. I have screen shots attached. It wants you to select a 1000 dollar giftcard from best buy or walmart, or win 2 new laptops. The funny thing is that the first time it happened to me was while I was visiting the best buy web site so I thought It was real, then it started appearing everywhere. heh I would appreciate any help.

Thank You,
-Nathan Fakhouri

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg

Advertisement