Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Free Prize Winner Popup Leaves No Traces To Remove Easily

• Please log in to reply

nateb4s5

nateb4s5

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello,

I got this software virus/ (norton dectects no viruses) Takes over the web pages you just start to view and says I won a prize from the page I was just trying to visit. I did try to remove everything I could not realize was appropriate out of MSCONFIG, and nothing bad in startup directory. Maybe you can help. I have screen shots attached. It wants you to select a 1000 dollar giftcard from best buy or walmart, or win 2 new laptops. The funny thing is that the first time it happened to me was while I was visiting the best buy web site so I thought It was real, then it started appearing everywhere. heh I would appreciate any help.

Thank You,
-Nathan Fakhouri

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg

Advertisements