Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gaming Freeze

• Please log in to reply

crazygamerx2

crazygamerx2

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have Windows Vista 64-Bit. 750 GB hardrive. 8 GB of memory. 1GB DDR3 Nvidia Geforce GT 220 EVGA SSC edition graphics card. Sometimes while I'm playing COD World At War, Modern Warfare 2, or COD4 it freezes. Control+Alt+Delete doesn't work. I tried waiting and nothing happens so I'm force to hold down the Power button until it turns off.

Advertisements

freakwizard

freakwizard

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
This used to happen to me a lot when my VGA burned out. Do any weird lines appear on the screen at times when you boot your computer or when the game freezes do you see any weird lines on the screen? That might be a burned VGA.
Then again it could also be Malware.

I suggest you try taking your VGA out and reinserting it again. Also try defragmenting your hard-drive and scanning your computer for malware!

crazygamerx2

crazygamerx2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
No I don't have any weird lines popping up. I think I fixed the problem though. I think it was overheating. I played without the panel on and it worked fine. So I moved it and it hasn't frozen since. Thanks for the suggestion though!!!!