Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My brand new graphics card stopped working randomly

• Please log in to reply

UpNdown

UpNdown

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey all, I'm new here, and also with computers, but see the thing is I stuck a geforce A7600 in my computer and it worked for a couple of days, then all of a sudden the monitor went squiggly with blue/grey/white lines. What happened? Is it broken (the card) or is it because i had a 250W PSU. Can I fix it? :-(

EDIT: ok sorry its not brand new i bought it 4 years ago but it has been in its packet i bought it by mistake 4 years ago and was saving it for when i could use it. which is now

Edited by UpNdown, 22 February 2010 - 11:28 AM.

Advertisements

Cl455icCh4o5

Cl455icCh4o5

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
have you got a spare pc to test it in?

Edited by Cl455icCh4o5, 26 February 2010 - 08:56 AM.

UpNdown

UpNdown

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah I kept it in its origional packaging. The weird thing is that the fan still turns, also it wasn't too hot at all. As soon as it happened I opened it up, tested another moniter, tried removing some hardware temporarily to reduce power consumption etc etc. Same story. Is it a BIOS setting or something? I mean the computer is not so new in the first place.

Cl455icCh4o5

Cl455icCh4o5

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
can you see enough of the screen to do anything?

if you can
have you checked the drivers?

open divice manager
then display adapters
if you card has !next to it
it just needs the drivers re-installing
double click it then press update drivers.

or download them from nvidea

Edited by Cl455icCh4o5, 26 February 2010 - 11:44 AM.